Friday, January 1, 2010

Rocking the Boat

Papa always told me that "the only limitations in life are the ones you set for yourself". Although I have always taken this heart, I think that I have just now realized what he meant. After having been stuck in a rut for the last four years of my life, I feel as though I have wiggled myself loose from a net cowardice.

Some have called these last few years of my life the "quarter life crisis". You know, the time in your life that nobody warns you about. The time when you graduate college, feeling as though you are at the top of your game. Feeling invincible and ready to take on the world. You start to apply for your dream jobs, only to find that nobody will hire you because you don't have real work experience. You find yourself lost and frustrated, just waiting for somebody to recognize your potential. Slowly you let go of your expectations and accept the fact that you have to work someplace that you never wanted to work...you have to pay your dues!

When I least expected it, someone entered my life and finally recognized my potential. A door opened that has allowed me to travel the world and see life for what it really has to offer. The boat has been rocked so-to-speak! I feel as though my view of the world has shifted and the possibilities in life are endless. Now I know, "the only limitations in life are the ones you set for yourself".

Happy New Year to all! I am in Edinburgh, Scotland, visiting my dear friend Angela. Good friends are hard to come by and I feel very privileged to have Angela as a part of my life.

I will post pictures and write again about my trip to Scotland upon my return to Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment